Our proprietary football athletic score is calculated using verified information on player position, body weight, height, high school track & field performance, and multi-sport activity. We offer an easy to read score that is customized for each position.
Next level recruiting and athletic evaluation
Tracking Football is the only scouting service available that gives football teams access to independently verified data on key athletic performance statistics, like track and field data, in an easy-to-use format. Our proprietary scores support and enhance your recruiting and evaluation efforts by helping you identify the best and most athletic prospects for your program.
How does it work?
Our analysts took years of data to determine the correlations between track & field performance, pure athleticism, and football performance. Those correlations were verified against thousands of existing, successful football players and used to develop simple scores – on a scale from 0.0 to 5.0 – that help recruiters and evaluators at all levels find the best prospects.
Our strength scoring system gives college coaches and recruiters a comparable, easy-to-read data point. We combine a high school player’s three individual lift scores, body weight, and other proprietary calculations to determine the SCS score.
How does Tracking Football support your recruiting and athletic evaluation?
We don’t take the place of existing, proven scouting, film evaluation or recruiting efforts; we make them better!
- Support your observations and professional intuition with objective data
- View recent athletic data and analysis
- Compare and evaluate current prospects side-by-side with proven players
- Leverage the insight provided by our one-of-a-kind 35,000+ player database
Did you know?
- Of the 13,500 Division I-FBS football players in 2015, over 55% (7,500) participated in high school track & field
- Almost 60% of players drafted by the NFL since 2014 participated in high school track & field
- Almost 50% of players drafted by the NFL since 2014 participated in high school basketball
- Almost 90% of players drafted by the NFL since 2014 were multi-sport athletes
- Former NFL greats Jerry Rice, Walter Payton and Emmitt Smith were high school track & field and basketball athletes
- Former NFL greats Junior Seau and Mike Singletary each held their high school’s record in the shot put
- Current All-Pro offensive tackle, Joe Thomas, and NFL Hall-of-Famer Jonathan Ogden each threw the shot put in excess of 60-feet in high school
“TrackingFootball.com's Player Athletic Index formula seems endlessly beneficial for high school coaches, scouts, athletic performance professionals, parents of scholastic athletes and athletes. Tracking Football has become a go-to resource whenever I need statistics on athletic trends in multi-sport athletics – terrific information.”
- Mike Podoll, Associate Publisher & Editor / AFCA The Magazine / AFCAweekly.com
In the News
Meet the people behind the numbers.